Tayport Community Trust was established in 2008 to promote a vibrant and sustainable community in Tayport, in North East Fife. It is a Scottish Registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. It includes representation and involvement from all the organisations locally and is an active development trust with a range of initiatives most notably the successful running of the Harbour Café, a Social Enterprise community catering outlet.
The intent of Tayport Community Trust is to provide a structure that contributes to a vibrant & sustainable community, with improved quality of life, and which allows the whole community the opportunity to fulfil their social aspirations. To achieve this, it is in the advanced stages of planning for a multi-faceted Community Hub which will incorporate provision for Community, Sports, Arts, Business and Tourism.
The overall aims of Tayport Community Trust are:
- The provision and improvement of community and sports facilities in Tayport
- Increasing the strength and capacity of the Tayport community to attract additional resources
- Promoting co-operation between existing Tayport organisations to mutual advantage
- Acting as a clearing house for communication and co-ordination in promoting these objectives
- Promoting environmentally friendly and sustainable policies at every stage of our business
For a little more information, why not download our Annual Report for 2016/17?
Please take 6 minutes out of your day to view our new video. This was filmed at our 2014 FruitFest and Open Day and has been produced for us by Rachel Roberts and Graeme O'Hara. We offer grateful thanks to them for their help and generosity.